Not sure I know how to juggle being a full time worker / mum / cleaner / fairy princess & football coach!
We moved to the seaside back in July 2015 and we sure have had some ups (seaside living) and downs (no money). I have been in and out of a couple jobs since November enjoying part time hours, but now the last 3 weeks I have been managing two fabulous ladies and working with some great kiddos. It’s been a challenging few weeks and I know there is more to come, but working full time and being there for my family is pretty tough.
Women seriously have to split themselves into two just so we can keep the peace in all areas of our lives. How the hell do you do it? It’s pretty damn tiring if you ask me! Full time working mama can be rewarding but extremely exhausting. For the last 2 years I never really got that ‘Friday Feeling’, but now I crave that large, very LARGE GLASS of vino and late night with the hubby (10pm late?) oh how I love a weekend.
- Keeping up with the washing…are the kids uniforms all washed?
- What the heck do we cook for dinner when we get in at 6.45pm?
- Do I set the alarm for 6.10am and get ready slowly or do we get up at 7am and rush about?
- Do I get to work extra early and prepare my day or turn up on time and wing it?
- Do I clean the house on a Friday, ready for a chilled weekend or leave it for Sunday, ready for the week ahead?
- Should I cook food on Sunday ready to freeze for the week? Well that’s a great idea but 1) we don’t have a lot of room in the freezer and 2) I don’t wanna cook and clean on my Sunday!
- The guilt you feel 1) not being able to take your kids to school or pick them up with other parents 2) not making those meetings that are not necessary but something you still would love to go to 3) getting homework done on time 4) beach trips after school
- GUILT IS A HUGE PROBLEM
I guess if I give myself some time to settle into full time work and organise myself with the family it will all flow smoothly. It’s just finding the balance that’s tricky and for a libra, balance is what we crave.
Anyone have some great tips or ideas on how we can live a balanced life? Does that even exist? Throw them at me!
Thanks for reading xo