Wow, can’t believe it’s February half term already. Still only seems like christmas was just yesterday!
The question on every mum and dad’s mind is, what the hell do I do with the kids?! My kids can drive me up the wall if stuck indoors for to long. Its like I keep them caged and they never see the light…
Why is it that when you make plans for the afternoon the kids play so beautifully together, no fighting, no moaning in the mornings and then trying to get them out the house is a mission, but if we decided to have a lazy day and go no where, that they then decide to misbehave, argue with each other or better yet moan they are bored. Drives me up the wall.
Then the weather doesn’t help when it still feels so frosty and cold, we struggle to come up with exciting ideas to keep the kids entertained. Do we venture outdoors? Farm’s and zoo’s are always a great idea and the kids love it, so here are a few places my way that we love to visit.
- Brockets Farm, Leatherhead Surrey
- Godstone Farm, Godstone Surrey
- Dean City Farm, Morden South London
- London Zoo, Regents Park London
We also love to visit London town and it only seems to be half term holidays that we take a trip on the trains, underground and buses. So here are our TOP 5 things to do/places to go this February half term 2015
- Imagine Children’s Festival – South Bank Centre – This event is running now up until 22nd February. There are so many things to do and keep busy including theatre shows, dance, music and readings from top author’s.
- Kidspace – Croydon – We are lucky to have an annual membership for this fab indoor play area. Can’t say no to £15 a month membership for family of 4. Visit kidspaceadventures.com and see what they have to offer.
- Natural History Museum – South Kensington – This has got to be the best place to take the kids and always so much to do there for any age. We love it and can’t wait to visit again soon.
- Peppa pig: Golden Boots – Odeon – If the kids love this popular show then it’s out now for all to see. Book tickets soon and enjoy.
- Sea Life Centre – Waterloo and Brighton – Yet again a favourite place for us to visit. The kids love the interactive areas and the sharks. Half term can be very busy, so try visit as soon as they open.
I hope you all have a fantastic half term and that the rain stays away so that we can enjoy the outdoors, if not, then its muddy puddle jumping we go!
Let me know all the fun places you might be visiting over the next week, would be good to get some ideas.